Saturday, October 4, 2008

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection



Pinball Hall of Fame includes 10 classic Williams' pinball tables from the '70s, '80s and '90s! Features unlockable bonus extra game features that the player can earn throughout the game, editable table controls such as Tilt, custom pinballs, more balls per play, table art gallery, 4-player multiplayer mode and much more!

Customer Review: ABSOLUTELY amazing !!! You get more than what you pay for !!!


Being a 1980-1990's pinball aficionado, I've played them all in the arcades. Quarter after quarter, replay after replay... I pride myself having spent many hours on pinball for mere dollars. I've spent a good deal of my college years making my entertainment value stretch.

However, the main thing lacking in home-versions of pinball games (either on computer platform or gaming consoles) is the "pinball wizard" feeling from merely pushing buttons and watching the balls bounce in uncontrollable patterns.

"Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection" is hands-down an exception to the disappointment I'm used to. Far superior to any pinball simulator I've EVER played, this adaptation is so close to the real thing, it's incredible. The biggest drawback from many home-version pinball games is the upright "flippers-at-your-hands" feeling. Astoundingly, with Pinball HOF, I get the feeling that I'm at a real arcade as I "bump" the machines using my Wii remotes.

Equally unbelievable and impressive are the accurate depictions of the graphics and sounds from EACH machine. SVG Distribution did such a fantastic job recreating the Wii version that it's hard to differentiate the software from the original machine. The older machines (i.e. Jive Time) have that classic relaxed pinball-saloon feel to them; however, the newer machines (i.e. Funhouse, Whirlwind, Taxi) give you the sensation of nudging the ball with your body movements. I don't know if what I'm trying to say is clear, but to pinball enthusiasts, you'll know what I mean by moving the ball "not with the flippers, but your body."

If SVG were to release another Pinball Hall of Fame (Gottlieb? Stern?), I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, pinball is undergoing a demise in popularity these days. I don't know why. A pinball wizard could be easily entertained for long periods of time dropping only a few coins. Hmmm... must be today's economy that's driving pinball production down.

Anyway, I can't say enough good things about this game. It has been keeping me entertained to the point that I haven't even played Super Mario Kart yet, a game that I bought the same day as Pinball HOF. That's my $.02... which will only buy .08 gallons of gas.


Customer Review: Perfect for gift giving


I got this for my guy but now I'm playing it all the time. OMG, its just like the real thing but better! This is a must for all game lovers. So much better than I thought it was going to be.

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection

No comments: